Who could complain about a Smoked Salmon Bagel? Today’s variation had Onion Sprouts instead of Shallot.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c
- The Smoked Salmon was $1.38 per serve
- Add 20c for Neufchatel
- Add 40c for Sprouts and Capers
- Add 30c for Tomatoes.
A very enjoyable sandwich for $2.86 per serve.
A welcome return to our Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf, tonight served with Cauliflower Gnocchi in a Garlic Alfredo Sauce.
- The grass fed Ground Beef was from Aldi for $5.49 per pound, or $2.75 per serve
- Baby Bella mushrooms were $2.02 or 51c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are 96c or 24c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The Gnocchi was $1.79 or 90c per serve
- Alfredo Sauce was $1.69 or 43c per serve.
The Alfredo sauce was one of the few disappointing “Specially Selected” Aldi products. We f0und it lacking in flavor and overly salted.
On the positive side, this is the first time we’ve used Aldi Grass Fed Ground Beef, and the texture of the meatloaf was the best ever. A lot less dense than when we made it from Keller Crafted Dry Aged Ground Beef, and about half price!
A great Meatloaf, with an okay side, for $6.06 per serve.