Since we didn’t have any of our neighbor’s Sourdough on hand, we substituted a Light Rye Crispbread, topped with Branston Pickle and Cheddar, and served with Pickled Onion and Apple Slices.
- The Rye Crispbread was $3.29 for a pack of 20, or 33c per serve
- The Irish Cheddar was $3.49 and we used about 60%, or $1.05 per serve
- Branston Pickle was $13.31 for the jar, and we used about 1/5th, or $1.33 per serve
- Apple adds 20c per serve
- Pickled Onion adds 10c per serve.
The Sourdough is definitely better, but the Crispbreads were a decent substitute, for $3.01 per serve.
Tonight we chose Tempe Satay with Peanut Sauce for our meatless meal, and served with a prepared Thai Salad.
- The three grain tempeh is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Limes (for juice and zest) were 33c or 16c per serve
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 50c a serve
- Add 50c for Marinade and Sauce ingredients
- The Thai Cashew Salad Kit was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve.
Foodie Greg wasn’t keen on an ingredient in the Salad Dressing, but otherwise a pretty tasty meal. The Marinated Tempe was better than expected. A flavorsome meal for $4.66 per serve.