We had Chorizo. We had a jar of Roasted Bell Pepper so we made it into a sandwich, again.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Smokey Cheddar is 68c per serve
- The Chorizo was $$5.75 after all discounts and we half, or $1.44 per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread
- Fire Roasted Peppers cost $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve.
These three ingredients in a toasted sandwich, transport the result to another level for $3.86 per serve.
Tonight we experimented with a pre-roasted half Duck from Aldi that only required reheating. We served with a Baked Apple and Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Butter Sage Sauce.
- The half Roast Duck was $8.99 or $4.50 per serve
- The Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Butter Sage Sauce was $2.99 from Trader Joes, or $1.50 per serve
- An Apple adds 45c per serve.
The Roast Duck was pretty good. It retained it’s moisture and wasn’t over cooked. We tried some of the included Orange Sauce and, even after being adjusted with Apple Cider Vinegar, was still too sweet for our palette.
The Sweet Potato Gnocchi was surprisingly good. The Gnocchi was light and fluffy without a strong Sweet Potato flavor (or sweetness) and the Butter Sage Sauce was very tasty.
A pretty good meal for $6.45 per serve.