Foodie Greg picked up some Heuvos Rancheros from Via La Fiesta during a shopping trip for $10.54 per serve, with tax and tip.
Tonight’s dinner was a return to the Soutzoukakia with Australian Lamb, tonight served with a Feta, Olive and Radicchio Salad.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 32c or 11c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- The Radicchio was $3.49, but half makes four serves of the salad, or 44c per serve
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 92c per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used 1/3, or 75c per serve.
The Soutzoukakia was light and flavorsome as usual, and the salad an excellent accompaniment, for $5.44 per serve.