A Bagel seemed like a good choice for lunch, particularly with Ham, Smokey Cheddar & semi-dried Tomatoes. Ham, Cheese & Tomato? Not original but kicked up a little.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c
- Smokey Cheddar is 34c per serve
- Black Forest Ham is $3.29 per pack, or 66c per serve
- We used semi-dried Cherry Tomatoes for 60c per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread.
Unsurprisingly, this made a great Bagel for $2.58 per serve.
We set a gap between our Hams of at least four weeks, and so it was time to sous vide another Ham and serve it with the remaining Apple Sauerkraut, and some frozen Spaetzle.
- The The Ham is only 42c per serve because it was purchase as a loss leader at 49c per pound
- The frozen Spaetzle was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The Apple was $1.23 or 28c per serve
- The Artisanal Kraut was $3.29 or 42c per serve
- Add 30c for Dressing ingredients
- Add 20c for Whole Grain Mustard.
The Ham is ridiculously cheap, but it’s hard to walk past. The Apple Sauerkraut was goody, as always, but the Spaetzle was doughy and didn’t have much flavor. Otherwise a good meal for $3.12 per serve.