Today we had a Harty Pea Soup from Aldi, which was tasty enough, for $1.00 per serve, but could do with some freshness and texture variation.
A return to a favorite: Soutzoukakia with Australian Lamb, tonight served with a Feta, Olive and Radicchio Salad.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 32c or 11c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- The Feta and Olive Salad was $3.95 and we used ¾, or $1.49 per serve
- The Butter Lettuce adds 48c per serve.
The Soutzoukakia was excellent, as always for $5.30 per serve.