Out of curiosity Foodie Greg had picked up some Brioche Baguettes from Aldi, which we toasted and topped with Avocado, Bacon, Chicken Breast, Semi-dried Tomatoes and Onion Sprouts.
- The Avocado was 68c or 34c per serve
- The Baguettes were $3.49 for four, or 88c per serve
- The Bacon was $3.49 or 14 slices (from Amazon Fresh), and we used three, or 73c per serve
- Add 45c for Semi-dried Tomatoes
- Add 30c for Onion Sprouts.
The Brioche Baguette was not particularly successful, but overall a good lunch for $2.70 per serve.
A welcome return to our sous vide Rack of Lamb with Raspberry, Feta and Mint Salad; Dolmas and Hummus.
- For $22.13 we got 2.25 lbs of Rack of Lamb that we split into four 9oz (approx) serves for $5.53 per serve
- Raspberries were $1.50 and we used ½ of the punnet, or 37c per serve
- The Mixed Greens were $1.49 and we used half, or 38c each
- Mint was from our garden
- The Feta adds 48c per serve
- Add 15c for Dressing ingredients
- Dolmas from Whole Foods were $3.41 (on special) or $1.70 per serve
- Add 30c for Hummus.
An excellent meal for $8.91 per serve.