The Foodies decided on a Bahn Mi from Pho Saigon 1, which we shared. We paired it with five Fried Egg Roll for $12.92 per serve, with tax and tip. We each had plenty of Bahn Mi and the Egg Rolls will be part of our standard order now.
Being a warm night, we cooked Lamb Rissoles using the Soutzoukakia recipe.
- Ground lamb was $3.79 at Amazon Fresh or $1.27
- An egg is 32c or 11c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- The Watermelon Salad was left over from the party yesterday, but about $2.32 per serve.
While the photo didn’t turn out great, the Rissoles did, even with the coarser grind from Amazon Fresh. Tonight they were very herb forward, which worked well with the Watermelon Salad, for $4.92 per serve.