Another of our favorites, when the price of Chorizo is favorable!
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Smokey Cheddar is 34c per serve
- The Chorizo was $4.72 and we half, or $1.18 per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread
- Fire Roasted Peppers cost $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve.
A very tasty sandwich for $3.26 per serve.
A new recipe for Meatless Monday: Gado Gado (Indonesian salad with peanut sauce).
- Cabbage adds 13c per serve
- Blanched Bean Sprouts are 40c per serve
- Bell Peppers are 32c per serve
- Black Rice adds 34c per serve
- A Pastured Egg adds 32c per serve
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 50c a serve
- Add 30c for Sauce ingredients
- Coconut Milk was $1.89 for the can, and we used ⅓ or 32c per serve.
Other than the Egg seeming superfluous, and not really fitting with the flavor profile, this was a very good dish. The Peanut Sauce is a good variation from our usual, although we will likely merge the two in a future experiment. All in all a good meal for $2.63 per serve.