It turns out it was four weeks since we last had Skewers’ Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich. It was also three weeks ago, and two weeks ago! But we have missed a weeks, so we were back for another. It is our favorite meal for $8.75 per serve, with a shared Fries. Although we don’t think we really need the fries.
We sous vide a half Rack of Lamb and then fried off the skin side to render some of the fat layer there. We served with a Salad of Raspberries, Feta and Mint on a Bed of Spinach.
- The Rack of Lamb was $14.27, but we split that into two meals, or $3.57 per serve
- Raspberries were $2.20 and we used ½ of the punnet, or 55c per serve
- The Mixed Greens were $1.49 and we used half, or 38c each
- Mint was from our garden
- The Feta adds 48c per serve
- Add 15c for Dressing ingredients
- Add 30c for Greens.
An excellent meal for $5.43 per serve.