While hot outside we took our Ploughman’s lunch down to our picnic table.
- The Rye Crispbread was $3.29 for a pack of 20, or 33c per serve
- The Irish Cheddar was $3.49 and we used about 60%, or $1.05 per serve
- Branston Pickle was $13.31 for the jar, and we used about 1/5th, or $1.33 per serve
- Apple adds 20c per serve
- Pickled Onion adds 10c per serve.
A tasty and varied meal for $3.01 per serve.
We liked the Nacho’s with mixed Beef and Refried Beans, so we thought we’d try it with Soy Chorizo for a Meatless Monday. The Soy and Bean mix will make at least four serves.
- Soy Chorizo is $2.29 or 58c per serve
- Refried Beans are 99c or 50c per serve
- The Corn Chips were $1.99 and we used about ⅓, or 33c per serve
- Jalapeño Pepper adds 40c per serve
- Add 10c for Plain Yoghurt
- Add 40c for Guacamole.
These were tastier than the Beef version, thanks to the Chorizo’s spice. A very filling meal for $2.31 per serve.