For lunch we had the last of the frozen Chipotle Bacon Meatloaf and reheated it with the Panini Rolls and finished with a little Chipotle Aioli and Coleslaw mix.
- The Panini Roll is 63c
- The Meatloaf is $2.53 per full serve, or $1.27 per lunch serve
- The Coleslaw adds 45c per serve
- The Chipotle Aioli adds 30c per serve.
A pretty good lunch for $2.65 per serve.
It is time to repeat the Seared Scallops with Pea Puree., while playing a little with the recipe. We dropped the Half n Half and used some liquid from the Preserved Lemons to boost the ‘lemoness’ of the Puree.
- The frozen “dry packed” Scallops were $9.69, or $4.85 per serve
- Frozen peas are $1.29 per pack, or 65c per serve
- Add 30c for the liquid and Lemon from the Preserved Lemon
- Stock adds 50c per serve
- Other ingredients add 40c per serve.
The acid from the liquid appears to have turned the Peas a little gray, but otherwise very tasty, although we will likely revert to the Half n Half next time. Still, a very tasty meal for $6.70 per serve.