We experimented by packing Chorizo, Bell Pepper & Smokey Cheese in a toasted Brioche Bun from Aldi.
- The Brioche Bun is 54c per serve
- Smokey Cheddar is 34c per serve
- The Chorizo was $4.72 and we used half, or $1.18 per serve
- Fire Roasted Peppers cost $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve.
The Brioche Bun was not a good match for the filling, in neither taste nor texture. It was still tasty but not as good as with the Dave’s Killer Bread, for $2.56 per serve.
A return to Black Pepper Beef with Top Sirloin (Rump) Steak from Aldi.
- The Top Sirloin was $11.06, or $5.53 per serve
- Bell Peppers were 48c per serve
- Chipotle powder adds 10c per serve
- Onion and garlic add 25c per serve
- Brown Rice adds 33c per serve
- Add 50c for the other ingredients.
An always tasty meal for $7.19 per serve.