For lunch we picked up Green Pork Chili Enchiladas from Viva La Fiesta for $15.28 each with tax and tip.
Nigella’s Shredded Lamb Salad with Pomegranate has been a favorite of ours, but there are no Pomegranate available right now, so we substituted a mix of Passionfruit juice and Preserved Meyer Lemon juice.
- The butterflied Leg of Lamb from Aldi was $23.28 and we will get eight serves, or $2.91 per serve
- Mint and Preserved Lemon were free
- Add 30c for Onion and seasoning
- Raspberries were $1.29 and we used ½ of the punnet, or 33c per serve
- The Mixed Greens were $1.49 and we used half, or 38c each
- Mint was from our garden
- The Feta adds 48c per serve
- Add 15c for Dressing ingredients.
A very tasty, flavorsome and balanced meal for $4.56 per serve, The frozen Passionfruit juice was cooling the Lamb too rapidly, so we leant on the Preserved Lemon juice for acid and seasoning.