We still had the remaining Soy Nacho mix so it was Nachos for lunch.
- Soy Chorizo is $2.29 or 58c per serve
- Refried Beans are 99c or 25c per serve
- The Corn Chips were $1.99 and we used about ⅓, or 33c per serve
- Bell Pepper adds 16c per serve
- Add 20c for Plain Yoghurt
- Add 40c for Guacamole.
The Soy Chorizo brings a lot of spice and a little heat that makes this version more interesting than the more typical Ground Beef version. Very tasty for $1.92 per serve.
Foodie Greg found a Bone-in Pork Shoulder Roast so naturally we decided on Cuban-Style Roast Pork with Mojo Sauce. We served it with Cuban Black Beans and Jerk Plantain Chips.
- The Pork Shoulder was around $8.90 and there were four serves, or $2.23 per serve
- Blood Oranges were $3.83 or 96c per serve
- Limes were $2.45 or 62c per serve
- Black Beans were $1.00 or 50c per serve
- Plantain Chips were $1.70 and we used half, or 43c per serve.
The Pork Should only had about 10 hours in the marinade, whereas we’d normally give it overnight, but we didn’t notice any deterioration in flavor, which was excellent. A well balanced and very tasty meal for $4.74 per serve.