We returned to a favorite: Delice de Boougogne on toasted Italian Bread with crisp, fresh Apple.
- The Delice de Bourgogne was $5.38 and we shared ½, or $1.35 per serve
- The Italian Bread was 32c per serve
- Apple adds 20c per serve.
A very tasty lunch for $1.87 per serve.
Tonight’s dinner was a return to the Soutzoukakia with Australian Lamb, served with Dolmas, Caramelized Onion Hummus and Butter Fried Mushrooms. We get three full serves from the Soutzoukakia recipe.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 32c or 11c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- The Mushrooms were $2.49 for a pack and we shared the last ⅓, or 42c per serve
- Dolmas from Whole Foods were $3.41 (on special) or $1.13 per serve
- Add 46c for Hummus.
Always a tasty meal for $5.34 per serve.