Trying our a Sourdough Bread from Aldi, we made some Tuna Melts.
- The Sourdough was $2.85 or 19c per slice
- The Tuna Pouch is 99c per serve
- Swiss is 41c per serve
- Add 45c for Garlic Spread and Capers.
The texture of the Bread was disappointing with none of the “chew” that defines a Sourdough, but the flavor was okay, and contributed to a decent open sandwich for $2.04 per serve.
Our favorite Beef Salad is definitely the Cambodian Hot and Sour Beef Salad, although we don’t make it all that hot, but we do like our sour!
- The NY Strip was $15.88 for two steaks, or $3.97 per serve
- Limes were 49c for two but we shared one, or 13c per serve
- Mint was from our garden
- Lettuce adds 40c per serve
- Spring Onions we grow
- The Bell Pepper was 64c or 32c per serve
- Instead of a Chili we used some Sweet Chili Sauce, which adds 20c per serve
- Add 30c for Fish Sauce and other ingredients.
A very tasty meal for $5.64 per serve.