For lunch we shared a Trader Joe’s Spanakopita for $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
Tonight we made a welcome return to Spanish Mussels with Chorizo and Tomato-Wine Sauce, again without the Heavy Cream. We served with toasted Italian Bread liberally spread with Garlic Spread for an amped up Garlic Toast.
- The pre-cooked Mussels were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- Sherry adds 58c per serve
- The Chorizo was $5.11 after all discounts and we used half, or $1.28 per serve
- Add 85c for other ingredients
- The Italian Bread is 22c per serve
- The Garlic Spread adds 60c per serve.
As last time, very tasty for $4.68 per serve. The Garlic Toast was an excellent sop for the flavorsome broth.