A cool day made a Trader Joe’s Spanakopita very appealing for $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
We pulled our last Ham Bone from the freezer and used it as the foundation for 13 Bean Soup, with cubed Ham.
- The Ham Bone was free so the Stock had no cost
- Add 25c per serve for Bay Leaf, Carrot & Onion
- The 13 Bean Mix was $5.49 and we used half, or 69c per serve
- Canned Tomatoes add 25c per serve
- Spinach adds 35c per serve
- Add 30c for preserved Lemon liquid and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Italian Bread adds 28c per serve.
This version of the 13 Bean Soup had Tomatoes and Spinach added for a bit more vegetable. We used the salty Preserved Lemon liquid for seasoning, and a little Apple Cider Vinegar to brighten the final flavor. A very tasty Soup for $2.12 per serve.