We had a simple toasted sandwich of Ham, Gouda and Tomato.
- The Aldi Sprouted Bread is 58c per serve
- Ham adds 34c per serve
- Gouda adds 34c per serve
- Tomatoes add 28c per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread.
A decent sandwich for $1.94 per serve.
Tonight we returned to the Soutzoukakia with Australian Lamb, served with Tabouleh enhanced with home grown Mint.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 32c or 11c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- Tabouleh is $2.99 and we used half tonight, or 75c per serve.
The Soutzoukakia was particularly soft and mousse-like, which contributed to a very tasty meal for $4.08 per serve.