The Foodies had an odd lunch with only one Crispbread speed with Branston Pickle and Cheddar as we’d had two small Pancakes each for breakfast.
- The Rye Crispbread was $3.29 for a pack of 20, or 17c per serve
- The Cheddar was $3.49 and we used about 60%, or 53 per serve
- Branston Pickle was $13.31 for the jar, and we used about 1/5th, or 67c per serve.
Not counting the Pancakes, lunch was $1.37 per serve.
Tonight we made a welcome return to Spanish Mussels with Chorizo and Tomato-Wine Sauce, again without the Heavy Cream. We served with toasted Italian Bread liberally spread with Spicy Garlic Spread for an amped up Garlic Toast.
- The pre-cooked Mussels were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- Sherry adds 58c per serve
- The Chorizo was $5.11 after all discounts and we used half, or $1.28 per serve
- Add 85c for other ingredients
- The Italian Bread is 29c per serve
- The Garlic Spread adds 40c per serve.
A very tasty meal for $4.56 per serve.