We finished the Scallop Pie from the night before last after draining off excess liquid, Although the bottom pastry never cooked, this time the sides cooked and it was a much better eating experience, for $4.67 per serve.
Cooler weather lends itself to more casseroles and stews, so it was time to return to Quick Moussaka. We will get four serves.
- Ground lamb was $5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The Eggplant was $1.39 or 35c per serve
- The Tomatoes were $1.99 or 50c per serve
- The Ricotta was $4.99 or $1.25 per serve
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 69c per serve
- A Pastured Egg adds 9c per serve
- Add 50c for the remaining ingredients.
While a little messy to serve – hence the pre-service picture – it was very tasty for $4.58 per serve.