Today we riffed on a Tuna Melt with Smoked Trout instead.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread
- Add 30c for Capers and other ingredients.
The Smoked Trout has more flavor than typical canned Tuna, so it makes for a more tasty sandwich for $3.19 per serve.
We sous vide a Ham from Aldi and served with a classic side: Choucroute.
- The Ham was $13.98, but there was a discount of $7.51 for a net of $6.47 and we used about 1/10, or 32c per serve
- Sauerkraut was $1.29 for four serves, or 33c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for Carrot
- Add 30c per serve for other ingredients.
The Ham was very moist, having lost no moisture during cooking. The Choucroute was a great side, and adding a little bacon not only improved the flavor, but was a little more authentic. A good meal for $1.45 per serve.