For lunch we did a simple Ham Salad Sandwich, but with pre-toasted bread.
- Dave’s Killer Bread adds 74c per serve
- Breakfast Ham adds 50c per serve
- Add 50c for Lettuce, Tomato and Beetroot.
A good sandwich for $1.74 per serve.
It’s been a very long time since we have cooked, or even eaten, a Sausage Roll. The Sausage Roll is a quintessential Australian snack made from Ground Pork, Breadcrumbs and Spices wrapped in a Puff Pasty casing. We did try cooking Sausage Rolls a long time ago, but were disappointed in the results.
We made eight large Sausage Rolls, ate two each and froze the others
- Bacon was $6.99, and we used about half, or 88c per serve
- The Breakfast Sausage was $6.00, or $1.50 per serve
- Puff Pastry was $4.99 ot $1.25 per serve
- Add 45c for Onion, Garlic, and other ingredients
- Add 80 for Salad ingredients.
The Sausage Roll turned out very well, and were very satisfying. A very tasty, well rounded meal for $4.88 per serve.