A rare trip to Amazon Fresh brings a hot Roasted Chicken. We struggle for a bread choice from there, but settled on sharing an Artisan Roasted Garlic Loaf that we finished in the oven. Spread liberally with Garlic Spread and topped with a generous serve of Roast Chicken Breast and slices of Tomato.
- The Chicken is a bargain at $4.97, or 62c per serve
- We shared the Artisan Loaf for $1.25 per serve
- The Tomato adds 42c per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread.
The bread was a very generous serve, but it was a good combination of a crisp crust and an even crumb, with the first layer of Garlic flavors. The Garlic was amped up with the Creamy Garlic Spread while the Tomato brings a little acid and some fresh wetness. The Amazon Fresh Chicken is moist and tender. A really great sandwich for $2.79 per serve.
Our second meal from the Turkey, Bacon Chipotle Meatloaf was reheated by frying, and served with Carolina Baked Beans, which we’ve never heard of before, and Chipotle Coleslaw.
- The Meatloaf was $4.38 per serve
- The Carolina Gold BBQ Beans were $1.89 or 90c per serve
- Add 30c for Mayonnaise and Chipotle Hot Sauce for the Dressing
- Add 40c for Coleslaw Mix.
We found the Carolina Gold BBQ Beans a little sweet, so we tempered it with two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to bring it into balance. It paired well with the Meatloaf. The Chipotle Coleslaw picks up on the Chipotle notes in the Meatloaf to harmonize the whole meal. A pretty good meal for $5.88 per serve.