Lunch was a simple toasted sandwich of Smoked Trout with Capers and Celery, and Gouda.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Gouda is 24c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread
- Add 30c for Capers and other ingredients.
The Smoked Trout has more complex flavor than Tuna, making it a more robust sandwich for $3.43 per serve.
We tried a new Meatless Monday recipe: Gingery Soup with Poached Egg.
- Ginger adds 45c per serve
- Garlic adds 10c per serve
- Chicken Bone Broth adds $1.00 per serve
- The Bok Choy was $1.99 and we used about half or 50c per serve
- Add 30c for Tamari and other seasoning
- Add 76c per serve for Pastured Eggs.
The Ginger Soup really didn’t have time to develop much flavor, not that there’s really any layering of flavors in the recipe to start with. It was rather disappointing for $3.11 per serve.