It was way past time to get a Lamb Gyro from New York Chicken and Gyro, for $8.17 with tax and tip.
We took the other Chicken Leg and served with an Australian-inspired Salad featuring Pickled Beetroot.
- The Chicken Leg was $1.25 per serve
- Pickled Beets adds 15c per serve.
- Salad Greens add 30c per serve
- The Parmesan Crisps we substituted for Croutons were $2.86 and we used about ¼, or 36c per serve
- Add 30c for Balsamic Vinegar.
The sharpness of the Pickled Beetroot is an essential ingredient in any Australian Salad (or Burger). Adding it raises culinary memories from times past. We substituted Parmesan Crisps for a much more interesting take on Croutons. A very simple, but satisfying meal for $2.36 per serve.