We chose to prepare a Ham Salad in a Chibatta Roll hot from the oven.
- The Ciabatta Roll is 58c per serve
- A slice of Breakfast Ham is 60c per serve
- Add 30c for Pickled Beetroot
- Add 20c for Salad Greens
- Add 40c for Mayonnaise.
A simple, but very tasty sandwich, for $2.08 per serve.
As we had a fresh Ham Bone, Foodie Greg pressure cooked it into an unctuous stock that served as the basis of 13 Bean Soup.
- The Ham Bone was free so the Stock had no cost
- Add 25c per serve for Bay Leaf, Carrot & Onion
- The 13 Bean Mix was $5.49 and we used half, or 69c per serve
- Apple Cider Vinegar ads 10c per serve
- Italian Bread adds 28c per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 40c per serve.
The Apple Cider Vinegar added at the end freshens the entire Soup, while the home-made Ham Stock adds unctuousness that won’t ever come from a water base to the Soup. Rich, thick and tasty for $1.72 per serve.