We chose a simple lunch of Shin Ramen with Coleslaw Mix for $1.63 per serve.
Foodie Greg found some very nice looking Pork Chops, which we sous vide to a perfect medium and served with a Farro and Apple Salad. We left out the Pine Nuts.
- With all discounts, the Pork Loin Chops were $6.20, or $3.10 per serve, for a generous 11oz per serve
- The Apple adds 34c per serve
- The farrow was $1.79 for the pack, but we shared ⅓ or 10c per serve
- Spinach adds 30c per serve
- Pomegranate Seeds were $4.99 and we used about half, or $1.25 per serve
- Add 25c for Cuban Seasoning for the sous vide.
We seared off the fat to render it and to give it golden sheen. A quick, one minute sear on the meat gave it color and a little flavor from the Butter solids. The Apple and Pomegranate’s sour and sharp flavors complemented the Pork nicely. A very generous and satisfying meal for $5.45 per serve.