Lunch today was a toasted Ham, Cheese and Tomato Sandwich.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Breakfast Ham is 60c per serve
- Gouda is 34c per serve
- Add 40c for Salad ingredients.
A classic sandwich for $2.08 per serve.
Foodie Greg found a butterflied Lamb Shoulder on special at Whole Foods, so we “unfashionably” over cooked it and shredded the Lamb, where we’ll get 10 serves. tonight we placed the Shredded Lamb on Hummus and topped it with some Pomegranate Seeds and served with Pita Chips.
We served with a side Salad of Lettuce, Cucumber, Preserved Lemon and Mint.
- The Lamb was $21.01 or 2.10 per serve
- Mint was free
- Add 15c per serve for unfiltered Pomegranate juice
- Add 30c for Onion and seasoning
- The Lettuce was $1.49 and we used half, or 38c each
- Cucumber was $2.69 and we used half, or 68c per serve
- Add 15c for Dressing ingredients
- Add 20c for Preserved Lemon
- The Pomegranate was $2.69 and we used half, or 68c per serve
- Add 46c for Hummus.
The astringent tartness of the Pomegranate Juice cuts through the luscious fattiness of the Lamb, giving it balanced. Served by scooping a Pita Chip through the Lamb and Hummus it’s a tasty bite. The freshness in the Salad gives the whole meal balance, for $5.10 for each very generous serve.