We sampled two different Chicken (Pot) Pies. Blake’s was a Pot Pie, while the Boomerang one was a pastry cased Pie, more like an Australian Meat Pie. The Blake’s Pie had more flavor and was our favorite. Not too bad for an average of $4.34 per serve.
A very cold night made a warming Beef Massaman Curry welcome.
- The Beef Stew Meat from Whole Foods for $6.29 or $3.15 per serve
- The curry is $3.38 per can or $1.69 per serve
- Coconut Cream is $2.29 per can or$1.15 per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- Potatoes add 34c per serve
- Add 20c for other ingredients.
The Coconut Cream added a richness that we don’t get with Coconut Milk. One of the best versions we created for $7.28 per serve.