Being a cold Monday we shared an Imagine Tetra Pack of Creamy Portobello Soup for $1.71 per serve (on special), which we thought was very good.
It was time to return to a favorite: Turkey, Bacon Chipotle Meatloaf with Spanish Rice and Coleslaw with Chipotle Dressing.
- Ground turkey cost $6.39 or $1.60 per serve
- Bacon was $5.99 and we used ⅓, or 50c per serve
- A can of chipotle is $1.50 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Add 65c for onion, breadcrumbs and seasonings
- Add 30c for Mayonnaise and Chipotle Hot Sauce for the Dressing
- Add 40c for Coleslaw Mix
- Add 84c for Rice and Seasoning.
We chose to only use one egg, so the texture was very light, tending toward a mousse texture. The Chipotle Coleslaw is a good match to amplify the Chipotle in the Meatloaf, while the Spanish Rice adds some bulk and seasoning. A decent meal for $4.67 per serve.