Since we had Coleslaw from Mr Fish and Chips we made it into a sandwich with toasted Bread and Ham. This time we added some Dijon Mustard, which elevated the sandwich.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- The Breakfast Ham is $2.99 for six, or 50c per serve
- Coleslaw adds $1.25 per serve
- Dijon Mustard adds 40c per serve.
A pretty decent sandwich for $2.89. Toasting the Bread (from frozen) adds texture to the sandwich, while the Mustard added a missing ‘third note’ to the sandwich.
It has been a long time since our last New York Strip Steak, so tonight we served with Béarnaise Sauce, Tabouli and (oven baked) Steak Fries.
- Two NY Strip Steaks were $15.18 and we shared one, or $3.80 per serve
- Tabouli is $2.99 and we shared half, or 75c per serve
- The Steak Fries were $1.49 and we shared half, or 38c per serve
- The Béarnaise sauce was $3.29 and we used about ⅓, or 55c per serve.
The NY Strip was pleasantly tender with the Béarnaise Sauce adding richness the mouth feel of sauce and steak. While oven fries are never going to be as good as fresh, deep-fried, these are a reasonable substitute, while the Tabouli is a good complement. A very enjoyable and varied meal for $5.38 per serve.