For lunch we finished the Coquilles Saint Jaques for $2.70 per serve.
It was time for a welcome return to Cuban-Style Roast Pork with Mojo Sauce, served with Cuban Style Black Beans and Jerk Plantain Chips.
- The Pork Butt was around $12.21 after all discounts, or $3.05 per serve
- Limes were 56c or 14c per serve
- Grapefruit was $1.39 or 35c per serve
- Navel Oranges were $1.19 or 30c per serve
- Cuban Black Beans were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- Plantain Chips were $1.70 and we used half, or 43c per serve.
The Pork undergoes an amazing transformation from the very tough Pork Butt to a tender roast beef, largely thanks to the 12+ hour citrus marinade. The citrusy Mojo Sauce is a perfect balance with the Pork, and the Beans an Plantain Chips are complementary sides. A pretty good meal for $5.77 per serve.