Lunch time had us at Home Depot, which is very close to New York Chicken and Gyro, so we had a Lamb Gyro each for $8.17 with tax and tip.
Tonight was a new recipe for us: Hayashi Rice, which is a Japanized version of a Beef Stew.
- The unspecified Stew Beef from Aldi was $8.04 or $1.34 per serve
- Baby Bella Mushrooms were $1.49 or 25c per serve
- Crimini Mushrooms were $2.69 for the pack, but we only used half, or 23c per serve
- Onions and Garlic add 10c per serve
- Beef Stock adds 25c per serve
- Red Wine adds 17c per serve
- Add 40c for other ingredients
- Add 34c for Brown Rice.
The Hayashi Beef developed a very deep and rich flavor beyond what was expected. A little goes a long way! A surprisingly good dish for $2.82 per serve.