We often turn to “Baked Beans on Toast” on a Sunday with today’s variation being on Italian Bread, topped with Melted Gouda.
- The Italian Bread is 38c per serve
- Gouda is 34c per serve
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- The Speck was $3.99, or $2.00 per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 40c per serve.
Another very tasty open faced sandwich for $4.17 per serve.
For Foodie Greg’s birthday we have traditionally done a pressure cooked Corned Beef Top Round, with Boiled Cabbage and Potato, but this year we decided to experiment with a very long (48hour) souse video cook of a Corned Beef Brisket.
- The Brisket was $26.78 or $6.70 per serve
- The Cabbage was $1.49 and we used half, or 40c per serve
- The Carrots were $1.80 or 90c per serve
- Half and Half was $3.99 and we used half or $1.00 per serve
- Add 20c for Onion and Seasoning
- Add 50c for Butter and Seasoning for the Cabbage.
The Brisket had transformed into something much more tender than it started, while retaining all the flavor. The Brisket from Whole Foods was not too salty, although it did have All Spice in the pickling spices, which was a little odd. Searing and rendering the fat gave a nice crust to the fat side. The Roast Cabbage Steak benefited from the caramelization. Overall, a very good experiment that we greatly enjoyed for $10.60 per serve.