For lunch we each had a Sausage Roll we’d prepared Sunday afternoon, along with another six we can enjoy later. We served with a simple Garden Salad.
- Breakfast Pork was $5.99 or 75c per serve
- Bacon was $6.69 and we used half, or 42c per serve
- The Puff Pastry was $6.99 or 88c per serve
- Onions and Celery add 20c per serve
- Sage was free from our garden
- Two Eggs were 76c or 10c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 75c per serve
- Add 40c for Butter Lettuce and Cherry Tomatoes.
The Sausage Roll was the best ever, including commercial offerings in Australia, for $3.10 plus 40c for the Salad: $3.50 per serve.
Our Meatless Monday is a Pasta dish: Pasta a la Norma featuring Eggplant.
- The Pasta was $1.89 and we used half, or 48c per serve
- The Organic Marinara Sauce was $1.69 or 85c per serve
- The Eggplant was $1.76 or 90c per serve
- Add 15c for Parsley
- Add 40c for Quattro Formaggi.
A quite tasty meal for $2.78 per serve.