Lunch was Pork Chili Verde Enchiladas from Viva La Fiesta for $17.00 per serve with tax and tip.
When on special we purchased some “Beef Tenderloin Steaks,” which are a less attractive part of the muscle that gives us Filet Mignon. We seared and served with Roast Scallions and Twice Baked Potato. We served with a Mushroom Pan Sauce.
- The two generously portioned Steaks were $14.74 or $7.39 per serve
- The Double Stuffed Potatoes were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The Scallions were 99c and we used 3/5, or 30c per serve
- The sliced Mushrooms for the Pan Sauce were $4.99 or $2.50 per serve
- The Demi Glacé was $2.65 for two packets, or 66c per serve
- Add 30c for other ingredients.
The quick sear on the Steak was perfectly to our taste. The Roast Scallions were new to us, and we enjoyed the slightly garlicy flavor and will be roasting them again. The Twice Baked Potato is a classic Steak side and was very appropriate in this meal. The Mushrooms in the Pan Sauce were probably redundant, but did provide another vegetable on the plate. A very good meal for $12.65 per serve.