For lunch we heated a Ciabatta Roll and used it for an open faced ‘sandwich’ of Green Apple and Delice de Bougogne.
- The Ciabatta Roll is 58c per serve
- The Delice de Bourgogne was $5.38 and we shared ½, or $1.35 per serve
- The Apple adds 17c per serve.
A very tasty lunch for $1.10 per serve.
The Easter season brings discount Hams to Aldi so we indulged in a small one and sous vide it, then served with Creole Red Beans and an Apple Bacon Slaw.
- The Ham was $5.44 or 27c per serve
- Bacon was $4.99 and we used four of 10 slices, or 50c per serve
- The Coleslaw mix adds 35c per serve
- The Envy apple was $1.38 or 35c per serve
- Add 20c for apple cider vinegar and seasoning.
The Ham was tender and juicy with a great balance from the Apple Bacon Slaw. The Creole Red Beans would probably be better with a Pork Chop, but weren’t bad. Overall, a pretty good meal for $1.67 per serve.