For lunch we tried Hummus and Chickpeas with Pita Chips, because Foodie Greg found a small can of Chickpeas that seemed a little better than usual.
- Add 60c for Hummus
- The canned Chickpeas were $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Lemon Juice came from Lemons from our garden
- Pita Chips add 60c per serve.
The meal was filling but without much variety for $2.20 per serve.
We swapped our Meatless Monday for Caramelized Ginger Pork with an Asian Coleslaw in Lettuce Wraps.
- The ground pork was $5.99 and we’ll get four serves from that, or $1.50 per serve
- Add 40c for ginger, shallot, garlic and chili, etc
- Add 30c for Coleslaw Mix
- Lettuce adds 30c per serve
- Dressing ingredients add 40c per serve
- Mint came from our garden.
This is a good application for the Caramelized Ginger Pork for $2.90 per serve.