Since we like Smoked Salmon Bagels, and we like Smoked Trout, we wondered if we could substitute Smoked Trout on a “Smoked Salmon” Bagel.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c per serve
- We shared a 3.5oz can of Smoked Trout at $3.49 or $1.75 per serve
- Neufchatel adds 15c per serve
- Add 30c for Shallot and Capers
- Moonblush Cherry Tomatoes add 40c per serve
- Add 10c for Lettuce.
We decided that the Smoked Trout does not have the same ‘cut through’ that Smoked Salmon does, and the sandwich was rather dull for $3.28 per serve.
Being Fishy Friday we settled on Striped Bass, a Vinegar Coleslaw and oven bake Waffle Fries.
- The Striped Bass was $4.68 per serve
- Coleslaw mix adds 45c per serve
- Coleslaw Dressing ingredients add 40c per serve
- The Waffle Fries were $1.49, and we shared half or 38c per serve.
The Vinegar Coleslaw from chef Ann Burrell is a particularly good match for the Fish, almost creating a “Malt Vinegar with Fish and Chips” vibe popular in Australia. Overall a quite good meal for $5.91 per serve.