For lunch we had a Smoked Trout Salad, like a Tuna Salad, on Italian Bread.
- The Italian Bread adds 34c per serve
- We shared a 3.5oz can of Smoked Trout at $3.49 or $1.75 per serve
- Add 60c for May, Capers and Celery.
While it was a decent meal for $2.79 per serve, it was a little disappointing as the Trout flavor seemed muted.
We’ve enjoyed a Niçoise Salad before, we decided to sear fresh Tuna to headline the Niçoise.
- Our Tuna was a mix of Aldi and Amazon Fresh so the pricing was a little mixed, but 8oz of Tuna shared, was $3.80 per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 50c per serve
- Cherry Tomatoes add 40c per serve
- Baby Potatoes were 68c per serve
- Green Beans add 62c per serve
- Add 40c for Spinach and Balsamic.
The Seared Tuna worked very well with the Niçoise and it made a pretty good meal for $6.40 per serve.