Foodie Greg did a shopping trip to Amazon Fresh and came home with a rotisserie Chicken and Heirloom Tomato.
- The Chicken was $4.97 and we shared a Breast, or 63c per serve
- The Aldi ‘Bake at Home’ Baguette was $1.89, but we shared half, or 48c per serve
- We shared half a Heirloom Tomato for 58c per serve
- The Garlic Spread adds 60c per serve.
A very tasty sandwich for $2.29 per serve.
A new recipe tonight: Tortellini Antipasto Salad with Salami, Olives, Roasted Red Peppers, Shallot, Cherry Tomatoes and Arugula topped with shaved Parmesan.
Tortellini antipasto salad (salami, olives, roasted red peppers, shallot, cherry tomatoes, arugula, parmesan)
- The Spinach Tortellini was $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The Salami was $3.99 or $2.00 per serve
- The olives come in a $4.49 jar, and we used 1/4, or 56c per serve
- A jar of Roasted Red Peppers was $4.49 and we used ¼, or 56c per serve
- Cherry Tomatoes add 35c per serve
- The Arugula adds 50c per serve
- Add 60c for Parmesan
It was a pretty decent meal, with a variety of interesting flavors for $5.57 per serve. As we had quite a lot left over, this would have easily served another person.