A simple Ham and Coleslaw sandwich was lunch today.
- Dave’s Killer Rye Bread is 76c per serve
- The Breakfast Ham is $2.99 for six, or 50c per serve
- Coleslaw adds $1.25 per serve.
Not too shabby for $2.51 per serve.
In an ever evolving series of variations on a Cobb Salad, we focused this one on Smoked Pork Belly. The cooked Pork Belly comes from Trader Joe’s. We sliced and smoked it on the stove-top smoker before serving on top of the other salad items.
- The Pork Belly is $6.49 or $3.25 per serve
- A Pastured Egg is 50c per serve
- An Avocado is $1.29 and we shared one, or 65c per serve
- The Grape tomatoes cost $2.99 and we used about half, or 75c per serve
- Lettuce leaves adds 45c per serve
- Add 30c for Balsamic Glaze.
Cutting the Pork before smoking exposed more surface to the smoke, and we picked up good smoke flavor. I very good variation on a Cobb Salad for $6.90 per serve.