The Foodies took a nostalgia drive to downtown Burbank, mostly to see how it had changed in six years, but also to get an In and Out Burger each for an average of $4.74 per serve.
While not officially “Lamb Week” we followed last night’s Lamb Shoulder Chops with Soutzoukakia – Greek Ground Lamb Meatballs. Tonight we served with a Greek Chickpea and Cucumber Salad.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 32c or 11c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Onion and Garlic add 10c per serve
- The Feta adds 48c per serve
- Cucumber was $2.69 and we used half, or 68c per serve
- The canned Chickpeas were $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Lemon Juice came from Lemons from our garden.
While there was a mixed reaction to the Chickpea, Cucumber and Feta Salad, both Foodies agreed that the Soutzoukakia is a favorite, for $5.59 per serve.