Foodie Greg picked up a Tarte Aux Champignons for $4.79 or $2.40 per serve.
Tonight’s Gado Gado (Indonesian salad with peanut sauce) is a recipe we’ve ignored for a while, but a good choice for Meatless Monday.
- Tempe is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Blanched Bean Sprouts are 35c per serve
- A Pastured Egg is 50c per serve
- Spinach adds 40c per serve
- Baby Corn was $2.29 and we used half, or 58c per serve
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 50c a serve
- Add 30c for other Sauce ingredients
- The Red Curry Paste is $3.38 per can or $1.69 per serve
- Coconut Milk was $1.89 for the can, and we used ⅓ or 32c per serve.
It’s a decent meal for $4.63, although rather expensive for a vegetarian meal.