For lunch we enjoyed a Smoked Salmon Bagel.
- Six Bagels were $3.39, or 57c per serve
- The Smoked Salmon pieces were $1.18 per serve
- Add 45c for Cream Cheese
- Add 30c for Shallot & Capers.
A pretty tasty sandwich for $1.50 per serve.
After a very good Porchetta in Italy we decided to try it with a rolled Pork Belly on special at Whole Foods. We unrolled it, added fresh herbs, and then rolled and tied it again.
- The Pork Belly was $9.58 after all discounts, or $2.40 per serve
- Shallots add 40c per serve
- Arugula adds 40c per serve
- The Pear was 75c and we shared half, or 19c per serve
- Add 80c for Shaved Parmesan.
We were cautious with our cooking time, keeping to the minimum temperature, but in hindsight, it could have used more time to render out the fat. It was a very tasty meal for $4.19 per serve.