We wanted to try Trader Joe’s Unexpected Cheddar Cheese Spread on a cracker with Green Apple as an alternative Plowman’s Lunch.
- The Rye Crispbread was $3.29 for a pack of 20, or 33c per serve
- The Cheddar Spread was $4.99 and we used about 30%, or 83c per serve
- Apple adds 20c per serve.
While quite tasty, the Cheddar Spread was out of balance (too little) with the rest of the ingredients. At $1.46 per serve, we preferred the traditional.
We had a second attempt at Filet Américain with more seasoning, and served with Baguette slices and Endive. There are really three serves of the Filet Américain.
- The Top Sirloin was $7.86, or $2.62 per serve
- Add 20c for Capers
- Add 20c for Shallots
- The Endive were $2.99 and we shared one, or 50c per serve
- The half a Baguette was $1.29 or 65c per serve.
A very tasty meal, and a strong favorite of Foodie Philip, for $4.17 per serve.