For lunch we shared a Mushroom and Truffle Flatbread from Trader Joe’s for $4.99 or $2.50 per serve.
Foodie Greg wanted another Italian Day, since the Flatbread was from Italy, so we had Tuscan Farro Soup, which is a new recipe for us.
- Shallot, Carrots, Garlic and Celery add 42c per serve
- The Tetra-pack Crushed Tomatoes at $4.39 are superior to canned, and we used half, or $1.10 per serve
- Tetra pack Cannellini Beans add 76c per serve
- Farro adds 44c per serve
- Instead of Parsley we used Arugula for 15c per serve
- Red Wine Vinegar adds 10c per serve
- Parmesan Rind add no direct cost
- Grated Parmesan adds 46c per serve.
The Parmesan Rind contributed the bulk of the deep flavor of this soup, which was surprisingly good for $3.43 per serve.