Busy day, all over the place today, so we stopped in again at the Country Deli in Chatsworth (near our ‘new’ home) before heading up to that home to clean the yard and supervise a plumber.
With an Arnold Palmer, tax and tip my $14.50 marinated skirt steak was just over $20. But it was very good. 10 oz of really good skirt steak cooked perfectly, three good eggs and crisp home fries. And a bagel.
Because we weren’t sure what time we’d be back from the house, we planned on an easy ‘reheat’ dinner: the double potato halloumi bake from Jan 17, and the thighs and drumsticks from this week’s roast chicken.
- The chicken was $1.73 a serve
- Halloumi $3.99 or $1 a serve
- A whole head of garlic was used: 12c or 3c a serve (I feel the labor involved in peeling was worth more!)
- The whole red onion was roasted: 86c or 22c a serve
- Orange bell pepper four ways is 50c a serve
- Yam/Sweet potato was $1.03 or 26c a serve.
Tonight’s reheat dinner cost $3.74 and very little time.